Thứ Ba, 23 tháng 11, 2010

Fisrt Entry of BMC

Hey! I'm BMC and this is my blog for my upcoming trip to study abroad in USA!!
I am currently a junior at Stanford High School. I'm a busy student, finding time for dance team, tennis team, gymnastics, indian dance, interact club, student senate, student council, camarada, harp lessons, youth group, academic quiz team, and schoolwork. I felt it was time to take on something much different than what I am used to- studying abroad! It was actually very hard to find a program that did high school exchange to India, because it isn't a very popular destination. When I found out about the AFS program I was so excited!
While in India, I hope to gain a new perspective on my life. I have never moved and I have always been to the same school, so I hardly get any diversity from day to day. I have traveled to a few places around the world, but I have never stayed over a few weeks. I also expect to learn all about the Indian culture and some more of the language too! When I come back, I would like to possibly do some presentations around the area to show people in the community my experience. It's not everyday one gets to travel to a place like India for almost a year!
So far I have been successful in fundraising along with the help of my family. We will be funding the majority of the trip, with the rest being funded by however many donations we can receive! AFS has given me a $600 scholarship given by donors which is extremely generous! All money I earn from working also goes in my fundraising account. All donations can be sent to my address; email me at azuremontana@cox.net for more info. Thanks everyone ahead of time for your donations!
I'll post more soon!
BMC
My Science Shop : http://mariecurie.biz/shop/

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét